Pet Urine Cleaning Services In Franklin, TN
Hiring a professional carpet cleaning service is a great solution to removing pet stains and lingering urine odors in your home. As pet parents know, dried urine can be very difficult to completely remove. Not only that, but it leaves pet owners’ homes in Franklin, TN with a bad odor. Additionally, carpets that aren’t professionally cleaned every 12 months need replaced more frequently, which costs more money in the long-run and is harmful to the environment.
If you think you’re ready to hire a professional who has years of knowledge and expertise to treat these stubborn stains, don’t hesitate to call Carpet Cleaning of Franklin today!
Give Us A Call Today To Get Free Estimates!
Best Rated Carpet Cleaning Service in Franklin, TN
When you hire our professional urine removal services, we will choose from a variety of the right tools and techniques to effectively remove urine odors and treat stains caused by dog or cat urine. Some of the typical tools and techniques we will use are deep shampooing, enzymatic cleaners, and professional strength cleaners that are environmentally friendly and safe for your family and pets. A lot of consumers aren’t aware that most store bought cleaners are harmful for both people and the environment.
Additionally, our carpet cleaning experts will often use an ultraviolet light detector to locate all of the leftover cat urine or dog urine hiding deep within the carpet fibers. This is done after a carpet cleaning and ensures that no spot is left untreated, allowing 100% of the urine odor to be removed from your carpet. This will leave your whole home with such a pleasant scent, guests won’t even know you’re a pet owner.
Call Carpet Cleaning of Franklin today to schedule a free consultation so you can enjoy a home free of dog urine odors.
Benefits of Pet Urine and Odor Removal Services
- Guaranteed complete removal of all traces of pet urine on multiple surfaces (upholstery, rugs, and carpets)
- No risk of damage to your carpet fibers or upholstery, unlike many DIY carpet cleaning methods
- Quick and easy process – typically takes under 30 minutes to clean one room
- Carpets have an increased lifespan, therefore need replaced less often
- A home that smells brand new
How you can Prepare Prior to Hiring a Pet Stain Removal Service
If you’ve decided to hire a professional carpet cleaner, or not, there are a few DIY methods you can use to clean pet stains and urine odors. But always remember with any DIY carpet cleaning method, you need to do proper research beforehand. Otherwise, you could end up using the wrong cleaning method for the particular fabric or stain you are treating.
First, you can attempt to remove as much of the pet urine as possible by yourself. Just remember to do a spot test first in a small hidden area to avoid permanently damaging your carpet or any other fabric.
Start by blotting the stain with a clean towel and warm water, and then spray a small amount of diluted hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar onto the stain. These work as effective odor and stain removers. You can also sprinkle baking soda onto the affected area, this method works as an odor eliminator. Also, don’t forget to wear gloves when using any cleaner to protect your skin from chemicals.
Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaning Method
- If you are using diluted hydrogen peroxide to remove pet urine stains, mix 4 tablespoons of peroxide and dilute it with 2 tablespoons of warm water. Then, gently blot the solution into the carpet with a clean paper towel. Blot the area until it’s completely dry.
Baking Soda Cleaning Method
- If you’re using baking soda as an odor remover, sprinkle the baking soda over the affected area, using no more than one cup. After waiting five minutes to fifteen minutes, you can vacuum it up.
- You can repeat this process over the stained area as needed as an odor eliminator.
White Vinegar Cleaning Method
- For this method, add one part of white vinegar and three parts water to a spray bottle. Spray the vinegar solution over the spot as an odor remover and stain remover. Allow the vinegar to sit on the stain for a few minutes, then use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner on the spot until it is completely dry.
- If you don’t have a wet/dry vacuum, you can blot the affected area with clean paper towels until the spot is completely dry.
- Remember to never use a steam cleaner when removing urine stains. Hot temperatures from steam cleaners will permanently adhere the urine to the carpet fibers.
Purchasing Professional Cleaning Agents
- If you’re still noticing that the stain or odor didn’t budge, you may want to consider using a professional enzymatic cleaner to remove tough stains. There are several available to consumers online or at your local hardware store. Make sure to closely follow the instructions on the bottle, and test in a small area first.
Once you’ve done all you can do to absorb urine odors and remove stubborn stains from your carpets, it’s time to call the professionals. We will use carefully selected professional tools and years of expertise to get your home and family members happy and healthy again.
What to Expect During Professional Pet Urine Removal
Our expert carpet cleaners typically start the cleaning process by pre-treating any particularly soiled areas. They will then use a variety of the proper tools and techniques to clean the stain based on their diagnosis. This includes anything from carpet shampooing to dry cleaning, or an enzyme treatment. After our team is done cleaning, we will often use professional ultraviolet light detectors to locate any pet urine remaining deep in the carpet. This ensures 100% of the urine odor is removed.
After our professional carpet cleaners have finished their job, it is a good idea to place a few fans in the room to help speed up the drying process. To avoid quickly re-soiling your freshly cleaned carpets, don’t walk on them until they are completely dry. Also, don’t allow your pets on the carpets until they are completely dry.
If you still notice strong cat urine or dog urine smells after a carpet cleaning, you might want to get your carpets professionally deodorized. This is a specialized service that isn’t typically included in standard carpet cleaning packages, so be sure to ask about it during your pet stain removal consultation!
How to Keep Pet Accidents from Staining your Carpet
While it may be difficult, it is possible to avoid letting pet urine stain your carpets, rugs, and upholstery by catching the accident as soon as it happens. If you catch the wet pet pee before it penetrates into the underlying carpet pad and foundation, it will be much easier to completely remove. If you happen to catch an accident while it is still wet, always blot the urine spot from the outer edge to the middle. Additionally, wiping or rubbing the spot with a towel will do further damage by spreading the urine and not properly absorbing it.
Keep in mind, hiring a professional pet stain and odor removal service is usually the best option for many homeowners. Our professionals guarantee a safe and effective removal of pet urine staining and odors. We remove stains on multiple surfaces – carpets, rugs, and upholstery – which could need several different tools and solutions depending on the fabric type.
How to Prevent Urine Contamination on your Carpets
Pet pee contamination can be mostly prevented by kenneling dogs at night or when you aren’t home. Baby gates also very effective for restricting your pets from accessing carpeted areas. Additionally, avoid using pee pads unless you always want to always have one around for your pets. They can teach puppies it’s okay to pee inside. Also if you’re a home owner with a fenced in backyard, dog doors will allow your pet to go outside without having to ask. And if you’re a puppy owner, just remember that puppies need let out every hour to avoid accidents. This gives them more opportunities to learn to pee outside and for you to positively reward them. If you have a cat, scooping their litter box daily will prevent them from peeing outside of the box where it’s cleaner.
Get in Touch with us Today!
If you have cat urine or dog urine that is not extracted in a timely manner, the pee will begin to oxidize and react with your rug, upholstery, or carpet. This will eventually create a color change resulting in a tough stain in your rug. Waiting too long to remove the dried dog urine or cat urine can result in permanent staining.
Additionally, if urine gets on certain kinds of upholstery or carpet, it can potentially transform the dye structure over time. This results in permanent fabric discoloration. Sometimes, the dye structure could have been damaged previously by removing the soluble build-up.
In order to get rid of long-standing urine stains and odors, Carpet Cleaning of Franklin, TN follows a step-by-step process to give you the best results in the area.